6 Burnette Shutt & McDaniel attorneys listed in new Best Lawyers publications
Six attorneys from Burnette Shutt & McDaniel are listed in the just-released 2022 edition of Best Lawyers in America and in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch.
All told, the six received 20 honors across 10 varied practice areas. Nekki Shutt led the way with awards in nine practice areas. The national peer-reviewed publication recognized all six attorneys for their skills in employment law, and most also earned recognition as litigators.
“Everyone at our firm is passionate about employment law and civil rights law,” Shutt said. “We have dedicated ourselves to pursuing justice for those who need it most, and we’re certainly very pleased that our peers recognize the determination and skill.”
Burnette pointed to Shutt’s long list of awards as a testimony to the firm’s versatility. “Certainly civil rights and employment issues are at the heart of what we do,” she said. “But there are so many more ways we help people, from whistleblower suits to battles for job benefits they deserve. It’s great that Nekki’s outstanding work in these and other areas is recognized.”
The attorneys and their honors:
- M. Malissa Burnette: Civil Rights Law; Employment Law – Individuals; Litigation – Labor and Employment; Mediation
- Jack Cohoon: Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Janet Rhodes: Employment Law- Individuals; Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Nekki Shutt: Civil Rights Law; Commercial Litigation; Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law; Employment Law – Individuals; Employment Law – Management; Litigation – ERISA; Litigation – Labor and Employment; Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs; Qui Tam Law
Included in “Ones to Watch”:
- Sarah J.M. Cox: Labor and Employment Law – Employee
- Grant Burnette LeFever: Labor and Employment Law – Employee; Labor and Employment Law – Management; Litigation – Labor and Employment Law
About 2022 Best Lawyers in America
Published annually for more than 30 years, the Best Lawyers selection process for Best Lawyers starts with peer nominations. Next, attorneys listed in past editions complete confidential evaluations of attorneys in their cities. Finally, data analysis and independent research determine selection.
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch uses similar criteria to select attorneys who have practiced 10 year or less.
Best Law Firms in America, a companion publication co-produced with US News, is published in November. Burnette Shutt & McDaniel has ranked as a Tier 1 law firm for the Columbia, SC metropolitan area every year since the firm’s founding.