During her time with the IRS, Francie was responsible for planning and overseeing responses to multiple data breaches. She served as incident coordinator, moving rapidly from incident identification to remediation. This work required extensive collaboration across the organization, media interaction, and acquisition of identity monitoring products to ensure a timely and effective response on behalf of the IRS.
Her certifications from the International Association of Privacy Professionals include a Fellow of Privacy, a credential that demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of privacy laws, privacy program management and essential data protection practices The IAPP is the world’s largest information privacy organization. Privacy professionals earn certification only after passing stringent exams covering workplace privacy, limits on private-sector data collection and state and federal privacy regulations. In the case of the Fellow of Information Privacy, earning the credential requires at least three years’ work as a privacy professional as well as references from peers.
Her privacy and data protection services include:
- Data breach response, notification and remediation
- Compliance audits of systems and policies
- Developing policy recommendations for protection of Personally Identifiable information
- Staff training sessions and materials
All told, Francie worked for 36 years for the IRS, beginning as a revenue officer and rising to an executive position. She also served as the Taxpayer Advocate for the state of South Carolina assisting taxpayers in resolution of disputes and identifying and resolving systemic tax issues. She led an organization that provided nationwide guidance on the most technically complex tax issues.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Certified Information Privacy Professional, Government Certification
- Certified Information Privacy Manager
- Fellow of Information Privacy
- Francis Marion University
- Bachelor’s degree, Business Administration, Management
- 2017 IRS Deputy Commissioner’s Award for Fraud Events Taxpayer Treatment Team
- 2016 IRS Commissioner’s Award for Secure Taxpayer Access Team
- 2015 IRS Commissioner’s Award for Fraud Events Taxpayer Treatment
- 2012 IRS Commissioner’s Special Achievement Award for Service-wide IDT initiative
- 2009 National TAS Award for development and launch of TAS Quality of Work-life Initiative
- 2006 Designated Federal Official for the Taxpayer Advocacy Panel for six-state citizen, volunteer group
- 2003 SB/SE Commissioner’s Award for ICS NT/XP training program rollout efforts
- 2002 South Carolina Federal Employee of Year (management category)
- 2000 IRS Commissioner’s Award for leading Service-wide initiative to combat fraudulentprograms
- Presenter, Federal Fund Management Advisor™ webinar, “Grantees and PII: What Protection Is Required and What Makes Sense,” Sept. 23, 2021