Eight Burnette Shutt & McDaniel attorneys listed in 2021 Legal Elite
The latest edition of “Legal Elite of the Midlands” includes eight Burnette Shutt & McDaniel attorneys – that’s every lawyer at the Columbia, SC, firm.
All told, Burnette Shutt & McDaniel earned honors in eight practice areas. Nekki Shutt won recognition in three practice areas, while four other attorneys are highlighted in two practice areas each.
Attorneys listed this year and their practice areas:
- M. Malissa Burnette, labor and employment law
- Jack Cohoon, labor and employment law and business litigation
- Sarah J.M. Cox, labor and employment law, personal injury
- Grant Burnette LeFever, education law
- Kathleen McDaniel, environmental law, and business litigation
- Amanda Mueller, family law
- Janet Rhodes, labor and employment law and corporate investigations
- Nekki Shutt, labor and employment law, personal injury, and business litigation
“We’re thrilled that so many of the attorneys listed in labor and employment law are Burnette Shutt & McDaniel attorneys,” Burnette said. “We’re proud of the battles we fight daily for clients in both employment law and civil rights. There are few things more gratifying than helping people get the justice they deserve.”
The variety of other honors speaks to the firm’s versatility, Shutt added.
“Business litigation. Family law. Environmental law. These are just a few of the areas where we are ready, eager and able to assist those who need it most. It’s great knowing that our colleagues in the legal community recognize the great work that goes on here,” she said.
About Legal Elite
An annual publication of “Columbia Business Monthly” since 2010, “Legal Elite” recognizes top attorneys in each of 20-plus practice areas. The selection process begins with a peer nomination. A vote of active attorneys in the Midlands determines the final list.