2023 Legal Elite honors 8 Burnette Shutt & McDaniel attorneys
The new 2023 edition of Legal Elite of the Midlands includes eight Burnette Shutt & McDaniel attorneys. Founding partner M. Malissa Burnette earned honors as the top vote recipient in Employment Law – Plaintiff.
Burnette Shutt & McDaniel lawyers have a long track record of recognition in Legal Elite of the Midlands. Founding partner Kathleen McDaniel has been listed in every edition since 2011. She’s among only a handful of lawyers who regularly earn honors in multiple practice areas.
Many of Burnette Shutt & McDaniel’s honors came in employment law areas, a traditional strong suit for the firm. The lawyers were honored across a variety of other practice areas as well. The 10 total includes Business Litigation, Environmental Law, Family Law and Education Law.
Most of the attorneys were recognized in multiple practice areas. Samantha Albrecht and Jack Cohoon led the way, with honors in four practice areas each.
“When an overwhelming majority of a firm’s attorneys receive honors based on a vote of the region’s other active attorneys, that speaks volumes to your reputation in the legal community,” firm co-founder Nekki Shutt said. “We’re pleased that the lawyers in the Columbia area think so highly of our firm’s legal knowledge and abilities.”
The attorneys listed and their practice areas:
- Samantha Albrecht: Employment Law – Plaintiff; Employment Law – Defendant; Labor Law; Education Law.
- Malissa Burnette: Mediation and Employment Law – Plaintiff.
- Jack Cohoon: Appellate Law; Employee Benefits; Employment Law – Defendant; and Employment Law – Plaintiff.
- Sarah J.M. Cox: Appellate Law; Employment Law – Defendant; Employment Law – Plaintiff.
- Grant Burnette LeFever: Education Law.
- Kathleen McDaniel: Business Litigation and Environmental Law.
- Amanda Mueller: Family Law.
- Nekki Shutt: Employee Benefits and Business Litigation.
About Legal Elite
Published yearly since 2010 by “Columbia Business Monthly,” Legal Elite of the Midlands recognizes the region’s top attorneys in 50 practice areas. Selection begins with a peer nomination. Active attorneys in the Midlands vote to determine list.