Eight Burnette Shutt & McDaniel attorneys honored in 2022 Legal Elite
The just-released 2022 edition of Legal Elite of the Midlands includes eight Burnette Shutt & McDaniel attorneys.
Burnette Shutt & McDaniel is a major presence in employment law categories, and the lawyers also were honored across a variety of practice areas. Several are recognized in multiple practice areas. Jack Cohoon and Samantha Albrecht led the way with honors in four areas each.
“Though we’re known as an employment law and civil rights law firm, it’s great to see our attorneys’ work recognized in several other practice areas as well,” firm co-founder Nekki Shutt said. “We’re proud to fight daily for our clients, whether we’re battling for a worker to get justice on the job or to protect a student at school.”
The attorneys listed this year and their practice areas are:
- Samantha Albrecht: Employment Law – Plaintiff; Employment Law – Defendant; Labor Law; Education Law.
- Malissa Burnette: Employment Law – Plaintiff.
- Jack Cohoon: Appellate Law; Employee Benefits; Employment Law – Defendant; Employment Law – Plaintiff; Labor Law.
- Sarah J.M. Cox: Employment Law – Defendant; Employment Law – Plaintiff
- Grant Burnette LeFever: Education Law.
- Kathleen McDaniel: Business Litigation and Environmental Law.
- Amanda Mueller: Family Law.
- Nekki Shutt: Business Litigation.
About Legal Elite
An annual publication of “Columbia Business Monthly” since 2010, Legal Elite of the Midlands recognizes top attorneys in more than two dozen practice areas. The selection process begins with a peer nomination. Active attorneys in the Midlands vote to determine list.
Burnette Shutt & McDaniel attorneys have a long track history of earning honors in Legal Elite of the Midlands. McDaniel has been listed in every edition since 2011. She’s one of only a handful of lawyers who regularly earn honors in multiple practice areas.